Republic Services Plant Operator in Alexander, North Dakota
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Company’s E&P division provides oilfield waste services to its customer base and operates three types of waste management and disposal facilities: treatment, recovery and disposal facilities; engineered landfills; and salt water disposal injection wells. The Plant Operator (E&P) is responsible for the operation of generation facilities and associated equipment. The Plant Operator (E&P) investigates abnormal operating conditions, initiates corrective action and performs preventative maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Experience in the operation of generation facilities and associated equipment.
• May work in any of 6 areas of a generation facility as a Press Operator, Centrifuge Operator, Heating Operator, Receiving Operator, Yard Operator or Plant Fluid Operator.
• In addition to the duties below, performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. Press Operator:
• Fills mix tanks and applies perlite as needed.
• Initiates, maintains and completes runs of the press.
• Opens the press at the end of every cycle, drops cake and cleans plates in preparation for another cycle.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the press area.
• Moves fluids, gauges tanks and monitors fluid levels. Centrifuge Operator:
• Operates all mud plant activities.
• Maintains all equipment associated with the mud plant operations.
• Fills mix tanks and applies polymers as needed.
• Initiates, maintains and completes runs of the centrifuge.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the centrifuge area.
• Moves fluids, gauges tanks and monitors fluid levels. Heating Operator:
• Moves cold fluids through the hot oil unit into heated tanks and heats the fluid as needed.
• Initiates effective communication with plant personnel to ensure cold fluid is coming from proper sources and arriving, heated, at the correct destination.
• Responsible for all fluid levels in tanks, including both suction and receiving.
• Maintains the hot oil unit and the cleanliness of the area. Receiving Operator:
• Receives all fluids at the plant and moves them from the receiving area to the assigned tanks.
• Maintains tank levels and ensures appropriate space is available for all fluids.
• Records exact amounts of fluid received and ensures all paperwork is completed properly.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the receiving area. Yard Operator:
• Responsible for all heavy equipment at the plant.
• Arranges for the pick-up and delivery of all solids that leave the plant.
• Keeps cake roll offs at levels to allow presses and centrifuges the room to continue processing.
• Loads all cake trucks and secures loads that leave the plant.
• Responsible for the solidity of the cake that leaves the plant and ensures that it is appropriately mixed with fly-ash so it can be received at disposal.
• Oversees the maintenance of all the equipment at the plant and arranges for repairs with the mechanics. Plant Fluid Operator:
• Moves all fluids in the manifold room of the plant for final destination. This includes oil for sale, water for disposal, junk to the press tanks and any other final processing as it arises.
• Arranges for the pick-up of all fluids that leave the plant.
• Responsible for quality control of all oil sales and water disposal.
• Maintains all pumps, valves and pipes in the manifold room of the plant.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the manifold area. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.