Republic Services Area Director Sales - Northwest Region in Bellevue, Washington
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Area Director, Sales is responsible for delivering annual revenue in the range of 700M to 1.3B dollars. This comes from expert level planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an Area to effectively execute sales strategies. A key attribute of the Director’s success will be the ability to lead, coach, and develop people and lead by example. The ability to multiply one’s efforts across a broader sales leadership team is an essential element in delivering the number.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner. • Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally. • Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas. • Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook. • Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions. • Good written and verbal presentation skills. • Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks. • Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times. • Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior. • Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people. • Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and participation of others. • Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness. • Is responsible for one’s performance and sets clear expectations for the performance of his or her team.
• Bachelor’s Degree. • Prior waste industry or service industry experience.
• Manages and/or influences total revenue in the range of 700M to 1.3B dollars. • Develops and oversees the implementation of comprehensive business strategies and sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating plan for the Area. • Develops the sales forecast and ensures achievement of the sales budget for the Area. • Maintains accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement. • Assists, as necessary, with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies. • Meets periodically with sales management or sales personnel to review sales activity funnel (CRM tool) and customer retention and relationship activities; reviews sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs. • Participates with business unit leadership to develop and implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives. • Maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manages customer base. • Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business and pricing structures to assist sales management in particular selling circumstances as the need arises. • Reviews particularly complex Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions, pricing, accuracy, etc. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in a sales management role that includes experience managing other sales personnel and experience developing comprehensive sales strategies, business and sales plans. • Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.