Republic Services Spotter in Brook, Indiana
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Spotter is responsible for safely and efficiently directing the vehicle drivers to the proper areas, based on site fill plan, of the landfill, transfer station or materials recycling facility (MRF), ensuring that publicly-posted safety rules are followed. The position inspects incoming loads for unacceptable waste, removing such items before disposal at the site. The Spotter may also perform general laborer duties, including site clean-up, yard work and building maintenance, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• One year of previous experience working around heavy machinery.
• Follow all Company safety policies and procedures, including the proper manner in which to approach oncoming vehicles; make eye contact with drivers to ensure signals are understood; maintain use of personal protective equipment at all times.
• Enforce publicly-posted safety rules and unposted safety standards at all times.
• Direct vehicles to the proper area of the facility based on the site fill plan; direct trucks in and out of the site in inclement weather.
• Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove unsegregated items, including tires, batteries and other unacceptable materials prior to disposal at the site.
• Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads of special waste or other loads that require special attention.
• Follow guidelines and procedures for completing daily closing tasks.
• May perform general labor duties on an as-needed basis, including site clean-up, yard work and building maintenance.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.