Republic Services CRC Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, North Carolina
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Administrative Assistant delivers thoughtful, dependable and resourceful administrative support to assigned department leaders and their teams. The Administrative Assistant provides information to callers, maintains files, organizes and keeps schedules and appointments, generates standard reports, produces correspondence and performs various other activities with a high level of attention to detail and prioritization skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Strong working knowledge of administrative/specialized business support services.
• Intermediate level experience with, and proven ability to use, Web-Ex technology and Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
• Strong prioritization, attention to detail, effective multi-tasking, verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve and meet deadlines and goals.
• Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers and provide proper follow up.
• Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision in a timely fashion.
• Ability to work with confidential information while projecting a professional image.
• Ability to work within a team.
• Experience with executive level support for a senior level leaders.
• Provides a professional level of administrative support to department leaders and other department personnel as required.
• Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business and escorts as needed. Arranges travel and prepares associated itineraries for department leaders and others as needed.
• Completes and processes Travel & Expense Reports and department invoices.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipates needed supplies; places and expedites orders for supplies; verifies receipt of supplies.
• Requests systems access for assigned department (i.e., new hires and transfers).
• Coordinates and arranges for equipment and supplies for new/transfer employees.
• Reads and routes incoming mail. Prepares and coordinates mail, faxes and express packages.
• Responds to requests regarding information, materials or business needs.
• Maintains department calendars for meetings, vacation, travel, etc.
• Composes and prepares routine correspondence and presentations using computer software applications.
• Files correspondence and other records.
• Prepares agenda(s) and schedules meetings, Web-Ex and other functional calls for assigned department.
• Records, compiles and assists with tracking and updating status action items discussed during meetings.
• Compiles and maintains standard reports and other statistical reports or data compilations.
• Acts as a point of contact for all department specific processes, requests, questions and logistics.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an office environment.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.