Republic Services Special Waste Executive in Commerce City, Colorado
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
Within a designated market, a Special Waste Sales Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling special waste services to customers and/or designated agents. The Special Waste Sales Representative may sell event disposal and hauling services when a clear opportunity is present. The Special Waste Sales Representative is also responsible for building, maintaining and growing long-term relationships with these clients to grow the revenue base and meet and exceed the monthly targeted revenue growth objectives in support of the Company’s overall goals and objectives. The Special Waste Sales Representative meets regularly with contractors, prospective and existing clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all special waste and other services, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Bachelor’s Degree. • Minimum of 4 years of prior sales experience, selling to large customers. • Special Waste, State and regulatory knowledge.
• Identifies viable leads, manages prospects and sells special waste services offered by the division(s) to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals.
• Develops and implements sales and marketing action plans, including key objectives, in support of the sales and overall special waste goals of assigned landfill divisions.
• Generates and provides sales leads for permanent sales opportunities to the appropriate sales representative in the market to capture additional revenue.
• Completes contractual re-signs with existing customers to extend customer relationship and increase customer profitability where appropriate.
• Proactively communicates with, or responds to, customers in conjunction with Company pricing initiatives.
• Builds long-term relationships with contractors, prospective and existing clients in designated market.
• Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manages customer base.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to grow existing client base; follows up with key decision makers; prepares sales contracts, including price quotes, credit terms and services.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and upsells additional services , as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Meets regularly with Director, Manufacturing & Environmental Services, as appropriate to review sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Tracks all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Maintains current knowledge of all federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations regarding special waste disposal and landfills; participate in company-sponsored training courses, meetings and discussions regarding the classifications and characterization of special waste.
• Participates in company-sponsored events and activities, as required, which may include trade shows and chamber of commerce events.
• Completes all required Customer Service Agreement (“CSA”), Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• May be responsible for collection activities, as required.
• Responds to service cancellation calls, if necessary, and ensure compliance with appropriate escalation policy.
• Performs other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.