Republic Services General Manager Hauling in Fort Mill, South Carolina
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The General Manager is responsible for leading one of the Company’s Business Units which includes full profit loss responsibility for all facets of the operation. Working in a matrix management environment, the position manages an infrastructure team comprised of division-level managers, including Operations, Fleet Management, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Safety and Environmental Compliance, and Environmental Engineering, who support the total operation of the Business Unit. The General Manager executes a local market strategy that complements the Area’s overall strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The General Manager manages all matters related to collection and/or post-collections operations (transfer stations, landfills, recycling centers and/or complexes); represents the Company to customers, vendors and municipal customers and other external stakeholders; oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs and leads all operations to ensure compliance with standards; and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the Business Unit
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability to execute against formulated strategy. • Ability to lead large scale change initiatives. • Ability to direct large staff of functional experts to execute the corporate strategy. • Ability to build strong sales teams; select best candidates, coach and develop the best talent. • Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives. • Problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills. • Ability to optimize near-term results that contribute to long-term sustainable success. • Collaborative; builds and works with teams. • Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions. • Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior. • Ability to manage an extended span of control, with multiple sites and multiple business lines (e.g., hauling, landfills, recycling, new business).
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Business. • Master’s Degree. • Previous experience in the environmental services industry. • Previous employment by a Fortune 500 company. • Experience in labor relations. • Minimum of 7 years progressive leadership and management responsibility.
• Implements and executes plans to complement the Area’s strategic operating plan; champions the execution of the strategic plan and tactical initiatives within the Business Unit, including but not limited to operating safely, enhancing customer experience, improving efficiency and maximizing profitability. • Works with Area and Region sales management to drive the commercial, industrial, residential and municipal sales efforts within the Business Unit to achieve targeted growth objectives, exceed customer experience expectations and optimize profitability. • Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees. • Leads operations to ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting and ethics. • Manages performance and talent development.. • Builds and maintains strong and effective relations with relevant government, community and environmental groups. • This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 30% of the time. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. • Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership and management responsibility. • Minimum of 3 years of P & L experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.