Republic Services Human Resources Representative / HR Generalist in Fort Wayne, Indiana
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Human Resources (HR) Representative is responsible for assisting local managers and supervisors with implementation of Company policies and procedures. The Human Resources Representative monitors all HR-related activity within one or more divisions, areas or regions to ensure compliance and effectiveness. The Human Resources Representive oversees, improves and maintains compliance, consistency, and comprehensiveness of HR policies, programs and systems and assists with a variety of HR issues including, but not limited to, employee relations, employee development, benefits, employee onboarding, compliance and data tracking and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
• MS Office including Word and Excel.
• Company information systems applications including payroll or applicable HRIS systems.
• Ability to impact and influence all levels of the Company.
• Knowledge of recruiting and selection procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or closely related field.
• PHR or SPHR certification.
• Assists HR Managers with investigations and employee related issues.
• Coordinates, plans and assists with events related to Human Resources such as special projects, employee engagement activities, training, recruiting events, talent assessments
• Spearheads and coordinates the interview and hiring process, including assisting with applicant and new hire paperwork, review of hiring documentation, interview planning and pre-employment testing.
• Provides human resources assistance to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
• Implements, disseminates, and monitors corporate and division policies, programs and procedures in the areas of administration, training, compensation, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
• Maintains all employee personnel and related employee data and files, such as personal data; compensation, benefits, and tax data; attendance; performance reviews or evaluations; disciplinary actions; and terminations. Ensures all employee files are viewed only by authorized personnel and ensures files are kept confidential per Company policy and/or practice.
• Monitors division compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements.
• Coordinates with division operations and corporate/regional/district HR staff regarding all employment activity (i.e., hiring, employee relations, compliance, terminations, etc.) within the division.
• This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 60% of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 2 years of administrative or Human Resources generalist experience involved in all aspects of human resources, including knowledge of employee benefits, and the employment process.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.