Republic Services Maintenance Shop Welder in Fresno, California
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Vehicle Welder performs repairs and maintenance on vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails and fabrication.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Attention to Detail – Notices the small things that others often overlook. Makes sure that every aspect of the overall task is done correctly.
• Communication – Provides supervisors and co-workers with the information they need to maintain the equipment. Conveys information in a timely and accurate manner in written reports.
• Customer Service – Within reason, does what it takes to meet expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
• Dependability – Is someone supervisors and coworkers can count on. Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
• Ethics – Adheres to the policies and rules set forth by Republic Services. Does not bend the rules or cut corners. Is trustworthy and honest.
• Learning Ability – Acquires knowledge and skill in mechanical, welding, cutting and fabrication concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
• Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Service’s safety rules and procedures. Recognizes hazards and anticipates danger. Does not take inappropriate risks.
• Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems in equipment. Determines root causes of mechanical and other operating failures and chooses the best repair option.
• Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification. • Valid driver’s license.
• Cuts/welds repairs to vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails, fabrication. • Welds steel and aluminum components using Mig and arc welding equipment. • Bends steel components using a break ad shear. • Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch. • Fabricates steel components on trucks. • Follows all safety policies and procedures. • Completes required paperwork. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year welding experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.