Republic Services Sales Representative - Commercial/Industrial in Gardena, California
Sales Representative - Commercial/Industrial
3890: Santa Fe Springs Cost Ctr
Within an assigned geographic market, a Sales Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling new, profitable commercial, industrial and recycling services to customers. The Sales Representative meets regularly with prospective new clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all services, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree is desirable. • Two years of direct selling experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
06212: Gardena-14905 S San Pedro
• Identify viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new, profitable commercial, industrial and recycling business to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals. • Utilize the Company’s Contact Relationship Management (“CRM”) tool on a daily basis, schedule and document all activities, and develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers. • Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective new clients; follow up with key customer decision makers and to close all sales. • Complete consistently scheduled phone blocks and cold call prospecting activities to establish initial and follow-up appointments with customer decision-makers. • Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs. • Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offer additional services to existing and potential commercial, industrial and recycling clients, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate, to grow targeted profitable revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives. • Complete required Customer Service Agreements, CRM entries, reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy. • Build relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Act as a company representative at community events, where required. • Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED. • One year experience in a customer-facing role that includes identifying and addressing customer needs. • Valid driver’s license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner. • Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally. • Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas. • Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook. • Excellent written and verbal presentation skills. • Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks. • Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times. • Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior. • Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).