Republic Services Manager Operations Environmental (based in Lake Charles/Sulfur, LA) in Houston, Texas
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Operations/Environmental Manager implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence while ensuring adherence to all accident prevention programs and compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. This position will also be responsible for addressing environment and regulatory issues and implementing policies and procedures that adhere to external regulations and meet internal operational requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Assures that Republic Industrial Services handles waste that is defined as hazardous by federal, state or local regulations, is done properly.
• Performs environmental data reviews, including customer initiated Generator Waste Profile Sheets, analytical laboratory testing and reports, and safety data sheets.
• Maintains current knowledge and tracks on federal, state and local regulations pertaining to hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
• Maintains knowledge of supplemental disposal sites and requirements.
• Leads effective and timely environment and regulatory support to operations.
• Support the creation, maintenance and leveraging of relationship between third party stakeholders; landowners, regulatory agencies and industry.
• Establishes and ensures compliance of operational unit’s short-term and long-term goals to align with overall corporate objectives.
• Partner with senior leaders to ensure work is being carried out according to the scope of work and bids.
• Work with site crews to complete operational tasks on time and on budget.
• Conducts all required safety meetings and conducts all business activities in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Works closely with the sales team to ensure that client needs and customer policies are being met on a regular basis.
• Determines requirements necessary to optimize operations, measures and reports results, and creates and implements processes and procedures to improve efficiencies.
• Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and operational expenses per established and agreed plans.
• Assists senior management in analyzing, evaluating, projecting and recommending capital requirements and allocation of assets.
• Perform other job responsibilities as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the waste industry, or related industry that included significant exposure to managing hazardous waste and/or disposal well activities. (Required)
• Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or management role. (Required)
• An in-depth knowledge and understanding of hazardous waste operations and maintenance management (including the ability identify issues, weigh options and provide effective counsel to support sound business decisions). (Required)
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or related field.
• Prior experience in a lead role with responsibility for the implementation and successful performance of business plans, strategic projects or initiatives, including the development and adherence to project plans and budgets.
• Experience in industrial services field operations.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.