Republic Services Forklift Operator-MRF in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Forklift Operator – MRF is responsible for the safe operation of the forklift at a recycling facility or MRF. For the purpose of stacking baled material, loading of trailers, and emptying full containers throughout the facility in an efficient and safe manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must complete and pass OSHA's requirements for forklift certification (powered industrial truck) training as set forth in 29 CFR 1910.178. • Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner. • Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks. • Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• High School diploma or GED. • Minimum of 1 year of prior related experience in forklift operation. • Minimum 1 year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
• Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors are clean, and equipment is in proper operating condition
• Reports to shift supervisor for daily work assignments.
• Responsible for loading of trailers with baled material safely and efficiently.
• Responsible for organizing baled material in the warehouse.
• Coordinates with supervisor to empty full containers of recycled materials and trash bins throughout the day in and around the facility.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time;
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.