Republic Services Recycling Center Maintenance Technician in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Recycling Center Maintenance Technician
4280: Inver Grove Recyclery
The Recycling Center Maintenance Technician performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling equipment (sorting screens, optical sorters, magnets, eddy currents, etc), electrical systems, balers, conveyor systems and compactors.
• Mechanical or trade school certificate. • Certificate in electronic diagnostics. • PLC Programming. • Minimum of 1 year experience with building maintenance, HVAC, odor systems and negative pressure systems. • Minimum of 3 years of experience working on equipment in a manufacturing or distribution environment. • Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems. • Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
27206: Inver Grove Heights-2795 117T
• Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnositc software, technical manuals and expertise. • Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling equipment, transmissions, electrical systems, engines, balers, conveyor systems and compactors. • Repairs or replaces parts as directed by a work order system. Completes field service reports in a work order system. • Overhauls or replaces machine compoenents and replace worn items. • Communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with equipment users to minimize future repairs. • Independently troubleshoot and maintain complex electromechanical equipment. • Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system. • Perform preventative maintenance according to standard schedules. • May maintain, repair and install plumbing, electrical, HVAC, odor systems, and negative pressure systems • Installs and sets up new equipment and communicate with vendors regarding maintenance schedules. • Reads, troubleshoots and programs simple PLC instructions to enhance plant monitoring and performance as requested by operations staff or to support maintenance objectives. • Follows all safety policies and procedures. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. • Minimum of 1 year of equipment maintenance and repair experience. • Valid drivers license.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications. • Strong Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. • Ability to order equipment and maintain inventory in Republic Services’ data system Dossier. • Advanced Electronic certification or skill.
Inver Grove Heights
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).