Republic Services Technician Trainee in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
This is a learning opportunity for students currently enrolled in a diesel technician program that is designed to give the candidate on the job work experience while completing their technician education. With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, and through completion of the Republic Preventative Maintenance Program and other on-the job training work done during the the internship, the trainee receives hands on training that supports what they are learning in school. This includes the basic skills necessary to perform routine preventive maintenance, including basic tire work, wheel end components, mechanic skills, knowledge of hydraulics and knowledge of electrical systems. In addition, the intern gains knowledge of vehicle suspension and steering systems to perform routine maintenance and repair.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
• Knowledge of basic hand tools.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• At least six months of prior experience as an automotive technician.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance under direct supervision, to include but not limited to:
o Tire changes and replacements;
o Tire rotations;
o Hose replacements;
o Light replacements;
o Repair and replacement of small parts; and
o Checking and filling fluids.
• Through course work and on-the-job training, the trainee gains an increasing level of knowledge of basic heavy duty Class 8 truck maintenance.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Currently or recently enrolled in a diesel mechanic/technician school.
• Valid Driver’s License (required)
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.