Republic Services Billing Supervisor in Las Vegas, Nevada
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Billing Supervisor supervises the billing staff and is responsible for the proper preparation of accurate and timely bills to customers based on service contract terms. The Billing Supervisor is also responsible for the enforcement of standard operating procedures that govern billing workflow and controls as well as ensuring the completion of array of billing functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
• The ability to professionally and cooperatively interact and communicate with the region, area and division leadership team as well as staff and customers to accomplish goals in an effective manner.
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully and fully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Must be able to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives.
• The ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow.
• The ability to track, measure and manage performance is required.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting or Finance.
• Coordinates the work of and supervises a team of billing employees, including hiring, training, scheduling, performance management and other related issues. Sets performance standards and ensures that the appropriate coverage is in place to meet or exceed service goals.
• Reviews department performance results with the local leadership team and makes recommendations accordingly where performance falls short of targets. This may include but is not limited to participation in cross-functional approaches to issue resolution. In so doing, the utilization of independent discretion and judgment as to matters of significance is required.
• Supervises and coordinates the effective and timely preparation of monthly invoices, accurate monthly billing adjustments, and the handling of billing questions and discrepancies. In so doing, the utilization of independent discretion and judgment as to matters of significance is required.
• Develops local billing processes, procedures and policies to ensure compliance with Republic region, area and corporate policies. Ensures that the billing staff follows standard operating procedures, taking the appropriate action when performance does not meet targets and objectives.
• Acts as a resource for others in the approach, research and resolution of complex and/or escalated billing questions and discrepancies. This includes providing direction or interacting with customers to resolve customer billing issues.
• Reviews various billing system reports to identify billing discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following standard operating procedures.
• Ensures that cash receipts are properly processed and posted to customer accounts following standard operating procedures. Directs others or is involved in research where necessary to resolve differences or unidentified payments.
• Acts as a resource for other functions including credit & collections, customer service, and operations to answer questions and provide training and support on billing issues. Ensures the acceptable resolution of billing issues in a timely and effective manner, exercising judgment and discretion as appropriate.
• May calculate and prepare manual billings for non-routine, complex billing arrangements.
• May provide direction to others or be directly involved in gathering and summarizing supplemental billing information to accommodate customer billing requirements.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• A minimum of 3 years of related billing experience at a progressively responsible level, including at least 1 year in which the incumbent supervised others or acted in a lead capacity.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of billing transactions and processes and the ability to determine and implement processes and standards in place to meet performance targets.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.