Republic Services General Manager Hauling in Louisiana
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The General Manager is responsible for leading one of the Company’s Business Units which includes full profit loss responsibility for all facets of the operation. Working in a matrix management environment, the position manages an infrastructure team comprised of division-level managers, including Operations, Fleet Management, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Safety and Environmental Compliance, and Environmental Engineering, who support the total operation of the Business Unit. The General Manager executes a local market strategy that complements the Area’s overall strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The General Manager manages all matters related to collection and/or post-collections operations (transfer stations, landfills, recycling centers and/or complexes); represents the Company to customers, vendors and municipal customers and other external stakeholders; oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs and leads all operations to ensure compliance with standards; and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the Business Unit
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability to execute against formulated strategy.
• Ability to lead large scale change initiatives.
• Ability to direct large staff of functional experts to execute the corporate strategy.
• Ability to build strong sales teams; select best candidates, coach and develop the best talent.
• Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
• Ability to optimize near-term results that contribute to long-term sustainable success.
• Collaborative; builds and works with teams.
• Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
• Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
• Ability to manage an extended span of control, with multiple sites and multiple business lines (e.g., hauling, landfills, recycling, new business).
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Business.
• Master’s Degree.
• Previous experience in the environmental services industry.
• Previous employment by a Fortune 500 company.
• Experience in labor relations.
• Minimum of 7 years progressive leadership and management responsibility.
• Implements and executes plans to complement the Area’s strategic operating plan; champions the execution of the strategic plan and tactical initiatives within the Business Unit, including but not limited to operating safely, enhancing customer experience, improving efficiency and maximizing profitability.
• Works with Area and Region sales management to drive the commercial, industrial, residential and municipal sales efforts within the Business Unit to achieve targeted growth objectives, exceed customer experience expectations and optimize profitability.
• Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees.
• Leads operations to ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting and ethics.
• Manages performance and talent development..
• Builds and maintains strong and effective relations with relevant government, community and environmental groups.
• This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 30% of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership and management responsibility.
• Minimum of 3 years of P & L experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.