Republic Services Collections Specialist in Odessa, Texas
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
With general direction and working within established guidelines and with predefined limits of approval, the Credit and Collections Specialist performs a wide variety of credit and collections functions and also is responsible for related activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• The ability to effectively interact and communicate with customers in a professional manner.
• Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
• Directly related experience in which individuals have worked with customers in a collections capacity in a service based industry.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of credit and collections transactions and processes.
• Receives and reviews information from credit reports and contacts various credit sources to ensure credit packages or customer credit applications are complete.
• Following standard credit processes and procedures, assesses the risk of offering credit to new and existing customers for multiple divisions, business units or an area. Within a determined threshold, approves credit limits. Makes recommendations to the management team as appropriate for non-standard situations or situations in which request exceeds authority to approve.
• Accepts payment on certain accounts as appropriate and resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex to higher levels. Where appropriate performs research to identify misapplied payments and resolve basic and moderately complex issues.
• On a regular basis, retrieves and reviews billing system reports to identify delinquent accounts.
• Following standard operating procedures, contacts customers via phone or standard letter to bring accounts to a current status.
• Prepares and provides reports reflecting status of credit and collection activity in area of responsibility.
• Documents credit and collections activity for assigned accounts.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and I snot to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• A minimum of 2 years of collections, billing, customer service or related experience dealing directly with customers.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.