Republic Services Major Account Executive in Odessa, Texas
Major Account Executive is an important function within the Republic Services Energy Services division. This position will capitalize on the integration of the Company’s energy services business. The role works closely with the internal account teams and is responsible for building an account strategy that consistently delivers solutions that are integrated, synchronized and advantageous to the client and profitable to the Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Ability to travel frequently for business that may require overnight stays and air travel.
• An Undergraduate degree;
• 6+ years of progressive experience in business development within an energy services company;
• Possesses service knowledge and existing key strategic relationships with executives in key operational areas at the leading oil and gas operating companies (Drilling, HSE, Procurement, Abandonment);
• Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to create and defend a business case.
The Major Account Executive will have a strong understanding of our total capabilities and services, and will work with key senior level stakeholders within the client organization and the internal Company team to identify and build strategic, long term business. This role works closely with the Executive leadership team. There will also be a very close working relationship with the Basin Sales Managers and Field Sales Representatives.
The key areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
• Proactive identification and communication of the customer’s short term and long term strategic objectives;
• Developing tendering strategies, leading contract negotiations, identifying key growth opportunities and acting as lead strategic advisor to local Company business units ;
• Leading on-going communication and meetings between the Company’s leadership team and the strategic account’s senior management team, to foster customer intimacy and ensure the client is aware of the Energy Services range of capabilities, successful track record, and long term commitment to the clients’ priorities;
• Utilizing internal systems (salesforce.com) to document, track and send communication updates to key internal team members regarding the strategic account’s organizational structure and key functional area personnel changes;
• Continuous monitoring and feedback on customer product utilization, segmentation, budget approval, and geographic investment strategies;
• Coaching and mentoring employees, especially the Field Sales Representatives, to increase sales culture awareness and skills within the company;
• Developing and maintaining the Company’s cross service segment communications to take advantage of common opportunities, experiences and best practices and consistently ensuring the cross functional operations team are engaged and informed on upcoming, in progress and achieved scopes of work;
• Proactive and timely identification of the strategic account developments or requests for new services, and the communication and ongoing discovery of new service/solution opportunities;
• Assisting operations teams on service recovery and damage limitation to maintain/regain business and customer confidence, as required;
• Participating in Accounts Receivable resolution as escalated by Billing and A/R department.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 6+ years of progressive experience in business development within an energy services organization or oil & gas industry;
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.