Republic Services Plant Mechanic Operator in Petaluma, California
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Plant Mechanic/Operator is responsible for performing necessary preventive maintenance and mechanics on plant equipment that will provide the best possible useful life while minimizing lost revenue from plant downtime. Maintenance will include, but is not limited to, valve adjustments, carburetor adjustments and water pump rebuilds.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards.
• Minimum of two years of work related mechanical experience or equivalent training with Waukesha Engines.
• Minimum of two years of experience, or equivalent training, in power plant operations.
• Experience with maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing gas/CNG powered engines.
• Gas well field monitoring experience.
• Maintains and monitors operation of power plant.
• Monitors, schedules and performs routine preventive and predictive maintenance on plant equipment.
• Maintains a log of occurrences related to the operation of the plant.
• Completes maintenance records, system shut down reports, monthly output reports and other reports as necessary.
• Assists Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager with design, construction and operation of power plant facilities.
• Reviews SOS and any actions related to the scheduled oil sampling program
• Performs weekly monitoring of gas well field to identify any issue that may be affecting plant operation.
• Monitors and reports on quality of workmanship and integrity of work related to the power plant and equipment performed by outside vendors.
• Available to be on call for any plant repair emergencies.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience with maintenance practices associated with engines and generators.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.