Republic Services Data Analyst/Reporting Writer in Phoenix, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Data Analyst/Reporting Writer works within the Business Intelligence (BI) group and supports development activities in alignment with a corporate data strategy. The Data Analyst/Reporting Writer serves as a key technical resource in the development and delivery of data-oriented solutions to support critical business needs. This individual must be highly technical, with a good understanding of BI and data management principles, and must also be able to work with business and IT personnel to design, document and deploy the best technical solution within business timelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Develops data delivery solutions using various BI solutions. • Works closely with, and takes direction from, Data Architects and ETL Engineers to build and modify data delivery solutions. • Works with peers to advance data management principles across the enterprise. • Troubleshoots issues with minimal guidance, identifies data related problems and provides scalable solutions. • Participates in the definition of application scope and objectives through research and fact finding. • Maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors and key systems users. • Supports work estimation process in support of development activities. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, IT or related field or minimum of 5 years of experience in a business or technical analysis role (Required). • Minimum of 3 years of IT experience in business application support (Required). • Expertise in programming SQL queries and working with SQL-based query tools (Required). • Experience in delivering reporting solutions using various BI software tools (Required). • Experience working with large database environments (>5TB) • Experience with Oracle Essbase. • Experience working with dimensional modeling and slowly changing dimensions. • Experience with SQL scripting languages (SSIS, PL/SQL, etc.). • Experience with predictive analytics and forecasting. • Strong understanding of traditional BI tools such as Hyperion, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, etc. • Good working knowledge of next generation, data visualization solutions (Birst, Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik, etc.). • Understanding of core data management principles, including Data Stewardship, Data Quality, Metadata Management, Master Data Management and Data Lineage. • Understanding of large database implementations (Oracle, SQL service, IBM, etc) and cloud-based solutions • Understanding of Big Data Solutions including HadoopEager to learn about, and become subject matter expert in, data warehousing, data management, data quality and ETL architecture. • Willing to learn alternate data-oriented technologies and leverage these tools across multiple database technologies. • Strong analytical skills and passion for solving important business problems. • Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed information in a manner that is appropriate to the audience across various levels of the organization.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.