Republic Services Digital Operations Analyst in Phoenix, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Digital Operations Analyst will be responsible for providing their unique Republic Operations insight and project delivery skillset to drive the creation and field socialization of project inputs, such as requirements, field testing, implementation, ultimately driving the solution created for the Digital Operations platform.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Ability to develop, a deep understanding of current state operational processes, pain points, and areas of opportunity. • Written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create process and design content in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio as well as confidently facilitate working sessions with key stakeholders. • Results orientation with an ability to understand key milestones, goals, and objectives and remain intently focused on attainment. • Demonstrated ability and willingness to adjust and adapt to changing conditions. • Ability to ask high gain questions, engage in active listening, and probe • Ability to garner excitement and generate interest in program amongst field stakeholders • Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook • Ability to translate operational team issues into new ideas • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner • Communication skills (Presentation skills, verbal, written, etc.); is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally • Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks • Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times • Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• 2 years of experience in waste or transportation industry, particularly with deep experience in field process or operations role, or equivalent experience in a support role with top tier consulting firm.
• General o Responsible for creation of process documentation, project content, and inputs into project deliverables o Participates, facilitates, or leads multiple aspects of Digital Operations product delivery (requirements, design, training, deployment, etc.) o Responsible for advocating for and socializing project deliverables with key field stakeholders o Facilitates/conducts business working sessions to ensure technical design specifications align with business process expectations and goals • Deliverable Creation and Socialization o Attend internal Core Team working sessions to provide insights and knowledge into Business Requirements, Future State Process Definition, and Scope/Approach for field testing o Conduct working sessions with Extended Field Team members/subject matter experts to address gaps/open items in deliverable creation o Review all deliverables and deliverable templates and provide inputs/suggestions for quality improvement • Field Stakeholder Communications o Facilitate socialization of deliverables with defined stakeholders to ensure their buy-in on content o Provides Director, Digital Operations with insights into political sensitivities o Provides Director, Digital Operations with input into development of field socialization approach o Develops content to support field communications strategy. o Understand the needs of the field through work with drivers, dispatchers, supervisors and other relevant Subject Matter Experts. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience with large-scale technology implementations in a key support role.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.