Republic Services Director Customer Resource Centers in Phoenix, Arizona
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Director, Customer Resource Centers directs and oversees all aspects of Republic Services’ Customer Resource Centers (CRC) customer service policies, objectives and initiatives to provide a positive customer experience while fulfilling departmental and Company vision and missions. The successful candidate will bring a proven track record of developing, promoting, and implementing differentiated customer experiences and strategies. They will bring a deep understanding of where products and services are migrating to in the future and how to best design the subsequent experience. They will have a strong record of achievement in applying a customer mindset to development of solutions and approaches and the demonstrated ability to show a measurable ROI against their initiatives. The ideal candidate must bring a personal passion and dedication for continuous improvement to the whole organization, leading by example and desire to be best-in-class on a consistent basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Designs and implements a comprehensive customer experience strategy that unifies all customer initiatives across the business.
• Investigates new technologies, applications, services, metrics, tools and trends to drive customer service excellence and operational efficiency.
• Develops approaches to modeling and works with modeling teams to improve cross-channel ROI; develops and implements best practice tools, metrics and scorecards.
• Builds strong cross-functional relationships with all functional counterparts within the CRCs, Areas, and Corporate office.
• Provides leadership for problem resolution; analyzes problematic situations and occurrences and provides solutions.
• Responsible for standardization of all Customer Service activities, policies and procedures across all Customer Resource Centers.
• Leads and/or delegates projects that will improve the customer experience.
• Ensures compliance with internal and external service level standards/commitments related to the customer service function, keeping work quality at a world-class level, waste to a minimum, and promoting a safe and harmonious work environment.
• Builds and leads a team of customer resource center professionals that staff our CRCs; leads succession planning efforts (performance to potential).
• Promotes, supports and drives a dynamic teamwork environment.
• Ensures CRC Directors achieve high quality standards by consistently analyzing quality and performance metrics.
• Performs other job
related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• A minimum ten years of professional related experience, including management experience in a large call center environment. (Required)
• Experience managing large scale projects and leading programs across geographic locations. (Required)
• Experience testing and learning innovative capabilities and measuring customer interactions and impact through customer feedback. (Required)
• Experience with and knowledge of customer engagement center software and best practices. (Required)
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
• Master’s Degree or MBA.
• Working knowledge of customer service/call center processes.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically yet maintain contact with day to day performance of metrics.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.