Republic Services Director, Emerging Business Development in Phoenix, Arizona
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Director, Emerging Business Development is responsible for identifying, acquiring, and integrating companies and assets related to the emerging business strategic growth platform. The position works with functional departments and field operations to identify opportunities and create the business case for emerging business growth opportunities to support the Company’s strategic operating model. This includes evaluating current and future processes and technologies that support emerging businesses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Creates a business case for programs and projects to support the Company’s strategic growth plan and emerging businesses, including the financial returns, capital requirements, project risks and project management.
• Collaborates with the emerging business team to create an acquisition pipeline to support the financial growth targets.
• Leads the identification of acquisition targets, proforma development, due diligence, and integration process for emerging businesses as a lever for market/industry entry.
• Sets expectations and priorities; interacts with decision-makers to ensure required deliverables are met according to project timeline commitments.
• Effectively communicates status and roadblocks in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree. (Required).
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related degree.
• Experience in progressively responsible roles that required the analysis of data, budgeting, planning, proforma development, analysis of growth opportunities and processes to determine investment strategy, as well as market research.
• Excellent negotiation skills, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally across various levels of the organization and with key external customers, vendors and consultants.
• Ability to think strategically, with a broad-market economics view of how business development is handled throughout North America.
• Ability to initiate and effectively manage projects, operations, and initiatives.
• Proficiency in partnering with business leaders to drive company strategies.
• Strong ethics and the ability to keep information confidential.
• Ability to deliver high value impact as member of a larger team, ensuring efforts support the strategy of the business.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.