Republic Services Operations Specialist - National Accounts in Phoenix, Arizona
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Operations Specialist provides key implementation support, by initiating the services to be performed by either Republic Services or its Third Party Partner as prescribed in a Client Contract Exhibit. Key responsibilities include understanding customer requirements, identifying qualified vendors, cancelling of incumbent hauler services, initiating services that best meet customer needs and assisting customers as needed for all service requests.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Reviews Working Exhibit (list of service sites to be implemented) to ensure that it clearly defines all service requirements. • Assesses potential service issues and offers options and recommendations to Implementation Project Managers. • Modifies Working Exhibit to determine service sites that will be serviced by the Company versus 3rd Party Vendors. • Reviews vendor data to ensure that all information is complete and updates Working Exhibit and other data management tools. • Uses standard templates and forms to create written communications that request and confirm information on service and pricing and terminates service on client’s behalf. • Confirms with 3rd party vendors that requested services are provided as scheduled. • Tracks the status of new service awards and expedites actions to avoid or minimize service disruptions during the implementation process. This includes securing alternate suppliers in the event original awardees are unable to perform the services and escalating where necessary. Assists both internal and external customers with periodic issues. • On occasion, negotiates rates for required services within acceptable department procedures and decision parameters. • Assists with customer service requests and cases as assigned by supervisor. • Performs other administrative tasks and functions as required to support department processes. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience in a fast paced environment. (Required)
• Experience utilizing Excel on a regular basis. (Required)
• Experience with Access database.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field.
• Experience with National Account systems.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in an accounting or procurement environment.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.