Republic Services Senior Corporate Counsel, Corporate Services in Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Corporate Counsel, Corporate Services
2000: Republic Services, Inc.
The Senior Corporate Counsel, Corporate Services is responsible for providing legal counsel and advice on matters pertaining to the Corporate Services Group with an emphasis on real estate matters, projects and initiatives.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04218: Phoenix-18500 N Allied Way
• Provides legal and professional support to Company personnel regarding all aspects of real estate matters that impact the Company’s delivery of waste, recycling and energy services to commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers.
• Provides advice and counseling to internal clients including operations and corporate personnel regarding real estate matters and other matters within the Corporate Services Group, including support on business development, tax, licensing, rail and other matters.
• Reviews, analyzes, and contributes to the negotiation, drafting and modification of various types of contracts and other transactional legal documents, including real estate purchase documents, leases, broker agreements, development agreements, and easements.
• Reviews and analyzes title policies and surveys.
• Drafts and otherwise contributes to reports to the Company’s Chief Legal Officer, senior management and auditors.
• Prepares legal budgets and recommends legal reserves.
• Selects and manages outside counsel and internal legal staff.
• Provides training to management, corporate and field personnel.
• Assists with reviewing and drafting Company policies and procedures, Legal Assists with policies and procedures relating to the Corporate Services Group
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• JD; licensed to practice law and in good standing (required).
• Minimum of six years of experience as a practicing attorney (required).
• Minimum of eight years of experience performing the types of legal work listed above.
• Experience working in a large, multi-state corporate or legal environment.
• In-house counsel experience.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local statutes and regulations applicable to publicly-traded organizations.
• A proven track record demonstrating the ability to independently make decisions regarding complex legal and corporate issues.
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Excellent judgment.
• High integrity.
• Overnight travel may be required.
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).