Republic Services Senior Manager Diversity & Inclusion in Phoenix, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
With guidance from the Company's diversity leader, and in partnership with the Executive Diversity & Inclusion council, the Manager, Workplace Diversity & Inclusion oversees and implements a comprehensive diversity and inclusion strategy that aligns with the Company's strategic business objectives and goal to be the place where the best people come to work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Strong ethics and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability and skill to manage multiple projects, maintain momentum, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
• Process and results oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Effectively influences without authority and leads change by building trust and credibility.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
• Five or more years of experience related to workplace diversity, inclusion, and culture.
• Strong organizational and presentation skills, work ethic, initiative, sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Experience implementing, measuring and improving effective diversity and inclusion programs.
• Recommends, develops and implements diversity and inclusion programs to support the Company’s strategic D&I roadmap and an overall culture of inclusion and engagement.
• Creates and implements framework and structure for employee network groups; supports and strategically manages employee network group activities, members, and resources.
• Serves as a change agent to provide solutions, resources, and training on diversity and inclusion and related topics.
• Researches competitive best practices and recommends solutions to drive greater diversity and inclusion consistent with the Company’s business and goals.
• Stays current and provides up-to-date information about emerging issues and trends in diversity and inclusion.
• Partners with subject matter experts cross-functionally to ensure alignment and focus on diversity and inclusion in all HR and talent practices, such as performance management, succession planning, mentorship, communication, etc.
• Collaborates with Talent Acquisition and Human Resources on sourcing, hiring, and retaining diverse candidates by accessing professional organizations and leveraging social media and community contacts.
• Develops, improves, and oversees diversity and inclusion metrics and dashboards; tracks and analyzes key metrics; partners with field leaders and Human Resources to drive improvements.
• Utilizing Internal Labor Market analysis conducts root cause analysis to identify perceived barriers to improvement in diversity and inclusion metrics; partners cross-functionally to implement solutions.
• Creates training and communication materials related to diversity and inclusion topics to deliver company-wide.
• Supports and helps prepare for meetings of Company’s Executive Diversity & Inclusion Council.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• At least three years working experience in the areas of workplace diversity and inclusion, human resources and/or employee engagement.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations related to workplace diversity, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.