Republic Services Special Waste Analyst in Phoenix, Arizona
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Special Waste Analyst works closely with internal and external customers to assure Republic Services’ facilities do not accept hazardous waste.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Assures that Republic Services facilities do not accept waste that is defined as hazardous by federal, state or local regulations, is outside of the scope of the site’s operating permit, or poses a threat to human health or the environment.
• Performs technical reviews of environmental data, including customer initiated Generator Waste Profile Sheets, analytical laboratory reports, and safety data sheets.
• Maintains current knowledge and tracks on federal, state and local regulations pertaining to hazardous and solid waste.
• Provides support to sales and operations personnel and customers.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or related field; or High School Diploma/GED and five (5) years of work experience in an environmental engineering or related field. (Required).
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with environmental laboratory data. (Required).
• Experience with and knowledge of Federal Hazardous and Solid Waste Regulations. (Required).
• Hazardous or solid waste industry experience.
• Experience in waste characterization.
• Working knowledge of chemical compounds required, strong knowledge of chemistry.
• Ability to analyze environmental laboratory data and compare data to Federal, State, and/or landfill solid waste permit acceptance standards.
• Knowledge of state and local special/industrial waste regulations.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.