Republic Services Sr Financial Analyst Sales in Phoenix, Arizona
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Sales is responsible for providing consolidated reporting, analysis, and financial decision support to the Sales and Customer Development departments. The Senior Financial Analyst, Sales works with Finance department leadership and the functional leadership to promote finance based insight and ideas that support all company growth initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Strong systems skills including Excel, Visual Basic, general ledger, reporting software, and database skills. • Knowledge of SQL, Essbase, SharePoint and ReconNet applications. • Must be highly motivated and a self-starter. • Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision. • Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to company. • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. • Knowledge of InfoPro, CBS billing systems, Salesforce.com, Cognos Business Intelligence tool, Hyperion Essbase and Lawson Financials. • Excellent written and oral communication skills. • Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers. • Strong written and oral communication skills. • Strong understanding of accounting principles and the relationship between the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement. • Strong self-review skills and ability to gather and present information accurately. • Ability to analyze and interpret complex problems. • Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis or accounting. • Minimum of 1 year of experience in public accounting (Big 4 or Tier II National). • CPA, CFA or similar professional certification. • MBA or other graduate degree.
• Provides financial analysis, planning and reporting for customer revenue and customer profitability.
• Prepares, interprets and distributes monthly variance reporting versus plan and historic results.
• Prepares periodic reports for operating reviews with senior management and board of directors.
• Participates as a team member to provide financial analysis and support on projects which will help improve the business.
• Generates monthly sales force productivity reports (e.g. forecasted sales vs. actual sales results) for field sales leadership.
• Interacts on a regular basis with the sales force and sales management on issues related to financial data validation and integrity.
• Acts as a liaison between functional groups and Financial, Analysis & Planning (FAP) team during month-end and quarterly reporting by providing summary and detailed variance commentary related to business and/or major initiative results.
• Acts as a liaison between functional groups and IT group to define business requirements and find innovative and efficient ways of leveraging systems to improve process and achieve goals.
• Assists with the annual budget and planning process.
• Captures, organizes and analyzes large amounts of data from various systems.
• Performs research and problem resolution for miscellaneous financial issues that may arise.
• Assists with various other analytical responsibilities of the FAP department.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study. (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial analysis or accounting. (Required)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis or accounting.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in public accounting (Big 4 or Tier II National).
• CPA, CFA or similar professional certification.
• MBA or other graduate degree.
• Strong systems skills including Excel, Visual Basic, general ledger, reporting software, and database skills.
• Knowledge of SQL, Essbase, SharePoint and ReconNet applications.
• Knowledge of InfoPro, CBS billing systems, Salesforce.com, Cognos Business Intelligence tool, Hyperion Essbase and Lawson Financials.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.