Republic Services Truck Driver - Energy Services in Pleasanton, Texas
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Company’s Energy Services division provides oilfield waste services to its customer base and operates three types of waste management and disposal facilities: treatment, recovery and disposal facilities; engineered landfills; and salt water disposal injection wells. The E&P Truck Driver-HM operates a tractor-trailer and other truck equipment to haul and dispose of oilfield waste..
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge of equipment associated with the trucking of oil field equipment.
• Knowledge of drill cutting and oil based mud operations, including collection, delivery and disposal procedures.
• Knowledge of salt-water collection, delivery and disposal procedures.
• Hauls and disposes of oilfield fluids and by-products using a tractor-trailer, in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines. • Operates roll off trailers, vacuum trucks, side dump trailers, and flat decks. • Performs safety inspections and maintains a DOT driver log and records, as required by DOT. • Conducts pre- and post-trip inspections of tractor trailer unit, hoses, fittings and valves. • Maintains satisfactory customer service by maintaining radio and/or telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions. • Completes work tickets and maintains daily inventory of tools, fittings and hose connections on the unit. • Reports all safety issues, incidents and concerns to Company management and notifies supervisor of current and/or anticipated repair needs. • Responsible for making sure all jobs are operated in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tanker and hazmat endorsements. • Minimum of 1 year of experience driving heavy trucks.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.