Republic Services Container Shop Technician in Saint Louis, Missouri
The Compactor Technician, Container Shop performs repairs, maintenance and installation of compactors and other stationary equipment. The Compactor Technician, Container Shop typically performs works on hydraulics, basic electrical operations, and welding fabrication in order to maximize safe and productive operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
• Knowledge of basic and advanced hand tools.
• During employment, a Technician will complete Company training and safety programs.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Equipment maintenance and repair experience.
• Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
• Performs inspections, conduct diagnostic tests, preventative maintenance, and repairs on varied types of compactors, and other stationary equipment.
• Reads electrical schematics. Diagnoses and repairs electrical problems on equipment using both single and three phase AC voltage
including working with high-voltage electricity.
• Reads hydraulic schematics. Diagnose and repair hydraulic issues on equipment.
• Maintains knowledge of proper installation of compactors, and other types of stationary equipment. Perform or assist with installations as scheduled and meets relevant deadlines.
• Performs welding and fabrication work as needed.
• Ensures and maintains efficiencies so that all scheduled jobs can be handled in a given day.
• Completes paperwork and/or enters data associated with repairing relevant equipment in an accurate and timely manner.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.