Republic Services Accounts Receivable Specialist, Projects in Scottsdale, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The AR Specialist is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate billing and cash application across multiple billing systems. The AR Specialist maintains accounts receivable records and resolves customer issues and requests in a manner that meets department customer service standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Strong data entry skills (10,000 keystrokes per hour). • Intermediate experience with MS Excel, including ability to work with formulas and functions, such as Vlookup and Pivot Tables.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and One Note.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels, both internally and externally.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance w/Company guidelines and best practices.
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude. • Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate procedures and work processes and to exercise appropriate judgment in establishing priorities and work methods.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to understand and apply basic accounting principles relating to accounts receivable.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to resolve ad-hoc problems as needs dictate.
• Experience working in a large Fortune 500 company.
• Multi-division Accounts Receivable processing experience. • Minimum of 5 years of Accounts Receivable experience.
• Experience at a Lockbox and/or knowledge of the Lockbox process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Experience with Lawson Accounting software, InfoPro and TRUX billing systems.
• Coordinates billing and invoice printing for InfoPro and TRUX billing systems.
• Provides back office support for product development and other corporate departments and initiatives.
• Responds to field research requests and billing questions. • Works with field contacts to research and identify correct accounts and invoices for payment exception processing.
• Keys unidentified cash receipts to the correct division, account, and invoice in the InfoPro and TRUX billing systems. • Posts completed daily cash receipt batches in the InfoPro billing system.
• Keys cash receipts and reversals for electronic payments to the correct division, account, and invoice in the InfoPro and TRUX billing systems.
• Researches and resolves unidentified payments posted to the corporate suspense account.
• Responds to internal and external requests for W9s.
• Responsible for processing all lockbox returned items, adjustments, money moves, and customer refund requests.
• Develops field and internal accounts receivable training and job resources.
• Serves as a liaison between Accounts Receivable and third party vendors to research and answer field application issues and implement system and process enhancements.
• Understands work assignments and project priorities and adheres accordingly.
• Follows organizational procedures; takes the initiative to communicate with management when unclear/uncertain.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an office environment that includes data entry, analysis, and reconciliation of accounting-related records.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.