Republic Services Director of Business Intelligence in Scottsdale, Arizona
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Director of Business Intelligence is a high-profile position, leading a large team, and serving as the business partner with various functional teams leveraging BI solutions. The ideal candidate will have the right combination of technical knowledge, business acumen and leadership capabilities. This position will lead all business intelligence efforts including ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Governance & Quality and Reporting. Additionally this individual will help shape the strategic vision and guide our journey towards a more modern data architecture.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Oversee the design, build, implementation and optimization of BI solutions/technologies including:
o Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Data Base Administration
• Develop a robust Data Governance/Quality program with rules defined and enforced through Master Data Management
• Lead the organizations current journey towards Modern Data Architecture leveraging:
o Expanded self-service capabilities within functional teams
o Ability to harvest insights from both structured and unstructured data
o Big Data EcoSystem
o Optimize private and public cloud utilization
o Enhance Data Science capabilities
• Strategically lead, develop and articulate technically oriented strategies and roadmaps, which support the corporate business vision
• Partner with business functional teams in the discovery, design and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions.
• Engage and foster a collaborative team environment through effective leadership:
o Inspire and motivate team to higher performance
o Continually communicate the highest-priority strategic initiatives to keep the team focused on the right things. Be able to articulate how the teams work contributes to broader business objectives
o Maintain a culture of trust and respect within the team, within IT and in all interactions with the business
• Plan and manage budgets, forecasts, projects and associated staffing requirements
• Prioritize and manage overall schedule and portfolio of projects
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field. (Required)
• Master’s degree in Business, IT or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in enterprise-level IT operations and support.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in managing large Business Intelligence initiatives
• Minimum of 7 years of experience of supervisory or management experience.
• Experience with Onshore/Offshore team composition
• Experience managing vendor relationships
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Strong business acumen; ability to understand how and why business users make decisions and how data can enable them
• Excellent leadership skills including, team motivation, coaching, regular feedback and development
• Track record of successfully driving change, managing competing priorities and delivering results in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.