Republic Services Quality Assurance Engineer in Scottsdale, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company’s Web and Mobile Application Portfolios. The QA Test Engineer creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated testing of complex web and mobile applications. The QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile/Scrum methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Develops, implements and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile
software delivery model environment.
• Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as RESTful services, or other APIs.
• Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
• Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
• Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
• Works with Scrum/Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
o Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
o Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
o Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
o Executes end to end test scenarios.
o Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
o Works with Scrum/Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
• Ensures software applications meet functional and non-functional requirements.
• Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
• Records and reports on testing metrics.
• Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of software test experience with focus on web and mobile applications and test automation.
• Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance, and load.
• Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's.
• Experience building automation utilizing the Page / Object design pattern. (Required)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management
Information Systems, or related field.
• Experience with the following:
o Rally and HP ALM for test management.
o Automating the testing of mobile applications using Appium.
o Agile using tools such as Rally or Jira.
o Performance/load testing tools such as BlazeMeter and jMeter.
o TDD frameworks such as Cucumber.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.