Republic Services Scrum Master in Scottsdale, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Scrum Master is a new role within the IT department at Republic Services and requires a high energy individual that will be responsible for providing effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills to support our transition to the agile development process. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master is responsible for enforcing the agile principles as well as removing impediments and promoting empowerment through self-organizing teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Serves as Scrum Master for up to three Agile teams. • Establishes and upholds Agile values and principles including collaboration, fostering a culture of openness, team self-organization, continuous improvement and flexibility to adapt to emerging business needs. • Coaches teams on the basics of Scrum and/or Kanban. • Facilitates Agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives. • Establishes Agile backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity and task definitions. • Focuses teams to deliver value quickly through iterations. • Coordinates across other Agile and traditional teams for complex projects. • Escalates and/or resolves impediments to help your team ship code on regular intervals. • Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress. • Updates Agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product and Sprint Backlogs in order to measure & monitor against the team’s commitments. • Facilitates discussions and manages conflict resolution effectively. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Certified Scrum Master (required). • At least 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master (required). • At least 3 years of combined technology development experience in a Scrum Master, Project Manager, BA, or Developer role (required). • At least 3 years of web & mobile technology experience. • Proven successful experience in leading and driving complex, time critical software development projects. • Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.