Republic Services Senior BI Developer-Analyst in Scottsdale, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Want to effect real, tangible change at a Fortune 500 company? Republic Services is undergoing a Company-wide transformation, making major investments in our technology platforms, and defying conventional thinking on competition in the Waste & Recycling Services industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join us in changing the way we engage and serve our customers. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about working in a fast, dynamic environment and want to be meaningful contributors in our rapid technology evolution.
BI Developers at Republic Services play a critical role in development, support, and continuous improvement of technology platforms. Our Enterprise Data team is a tightly knit group of cross-discipline professionals that work hand-in-hand with our business partners across Sales, Customer Experience, Operations, Revenue Management, Finance and Marketing. The successful candidate will develop and nurture strong relationships with business leaders, business analysts and key technical staff across the Information Technology organization. One of the main tasks of a Senior BI Developer will be to provide the data in a way that tells a story to everyone from a driver to the CEO in order to develop new business opportunities, competitive advantages over rivals, more effective marketing campaigns, increased operational efficiency and more.
The Enterprise Data team is an efficient and growing team serving a large user base (>3,000 users) covering critical, high-visibility functions for the business. Beyond delivering the capabilities needed to support the business strategy, we are laying the foundation of processes and methodologies for the future. Join us in this key role and take the opportunity to see your work make a real world impact.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Collaborates with subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and requirements to support high value business solutions.
• Prepares detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured.
• Writes high quality code according to specifications always keeping in mind reusability.
• Performs code reviews
• Leads and mentors more junior developers in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
• Continuously improves the analytic data architecture by analyzing issues, discovering root cases and providing high quality solutions
• Collaborates and partners with business and technology staff to proactively evolve CRM platform capabilities.
• Operates as a member of a Scrum team and actively participates in associated activities (planning, grooming, demo, retrospective, etc.).
• Remains up-to-date on applicable technology and business trends related to the functional area of ownership
• Maintains working relationships with software application vendors.
• Provides support and participates in functional and user acceptance testing
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience data warehouse and Business Intelligence report and data visualization solutions using QlikSense (required).
• Bachelor's degree in Business , IT or related field (required).
• 2 or more years experience working with development teams in an Agile (Scrum or other methodology) environment.
• Strong relational database and SQL Query writng skills
• Experience working with:
o Utlization of extension objects and able to discuss the differences between QV and QS
o Large data sets and integrating data from multiple sources
o Object-orientated programming languages (e.g. Python, .NET or Java)
• Ability to engage and develop productive working relationships with business stakeholders at all levels from end-user to senior leadership.
• Master's degree in IT or related field.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.