Republic Services Senior Business Analyst-Enterprise Application Support in Scottsdale, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Senior Business Analyst analyzes the needs of the Company’s most complex functional business areas within Republic Services providing recommendations on system solutions or procedures. As the liaison between the business and IT department, the Senior Business Analyst ensures that the scope of work requested to enhance or modify existing application processes are clearly documented, communicated and validated. The Senior Business Analyst works closely with IT experts to design, develop, document, test and validate solutions that meet business requirements. The Senior Business Analyst is the key point of contact for the IT department in all of the Company’s Merger & Acquisition (M&A) initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Serves as the primary liaison and point of contact between IT and the assigned functional business area for routine software development and enhancement projects.
• Coordinates the process of obtaining functional requirements from business stakeholders and subject matter experts utilizing elicitation techniques such as SWOT use case, and process flows diagraming.
• Performs research and analysis for proposed projects to determine feasibility, ROI and durability and presents findings to management.
• Facilitates the development of software solutions and is responsible for the knowledge transfer of software program requirements to the IT Customer Support team throughout the life cycle of a change request or development project.
• Creates detailed documentation of functional, system (non-functional), user and reporting requirements such as Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
• Performs profiling and analysis of data from source systems.
• Maintains a system enhancement request database and coordinates the related application enhancement release schedule.
• Works jointly with IT Managers to create detailed project work plans for software development and enhancement projects.
• Provides support to functional and user acceptance testing groups as part of project implementation.
• Supports quality assurance and control efforts through the use of data analysis as part of pre- and post-implementation reviews for software development projects.
• Coordinates status meetings and produces progress reports.
• Maintains and builds working relationships with software application vendors.
• Instructs, directs, guides, and checks the work of Business Analysts.
• Assists others with creating value propositions (ROI) for proposed projects.
• Engages appropriate IT and business resources to help facilitate data conversions from requirements gathering through to a successful load of data into production.
• Develops and manages project plans, status reporting and issue tracking for all conversion assignments.
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor degree in business administration, computer engineering, information systems, finance, computer science or a related field. (Required)
• Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in a business analyst capacity working with business systems on application software development. (Required)
• Minimum of 1 year project management/coordination tracking, and organizing business analysis documentation for projects. (Required)
• Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) for data analysis.
• Business Analysis or Project Management Professional certification.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a lead position providing leadership and mentoring to other Business Analysts.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.