Republic Services Senior Web Content Developer-Drupal in Scottsdale, Arizona
The Senior Web Content Developer serves as a lead technical resource on the Web & Mobile development team and participates in all phases of the development life cycle. The role of Senior Web Content Developer will have an emphasis on analyzing complex business and technical problems to shape and deliver an entire system’s software components. The Senior Web Content Developer analyzes, configures and tunes the underlying framework and infrastructure and is considered the subject matter expert on each system’s functionality, behavior and capabilities. The Senior Web Content Developer enforces software development standards and mentors less experienced developers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Advanced proficiency with the following technologies:
o Object oriented programming;
o Web development tools and frameworks, including:
- CSS preprocessing, e.g. LESS;
- Front end build tools, e.g.Gulp, Grunt;
- Front end components, e.g. Bower;
- Developer/Build tools including GIT and Jenkins;
- Code analysis tools (PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, Sonar, etc);
o Understanding of iOS and Android SDK’s
o Content Management System design, build, and integration (Drupal a plus)
o MVC frameworks such as Spring or Java Play
o Developing and consuming RESTful web services
o Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS and Heroku
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and demeanor.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with agile software development methodologies, web development and object-oriented programming methodologies.
• Experience with e-commerce.
• Experience in developing highly transactional, mission critical applications.
• Leads the development of Republic Services’ next generation of responsive e-commerce web applications.
• Designs and develops new web and content modules that can be reused throughout the company.
• Builds web applications that are heavily dependent on API’s.
• Defines and enforces best practices for optimal application and system uptime and system remediation and recovery requirements.
• Enforces software development standards and mentors less experienced developers.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in software development, information systems, or an equivalent technical environment, including previous experience leading the development of highly transactional mission critical applications in environments for multi-user systems.
• Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operational support.
• Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.