Republic Services Software Asset Management Analyst in Scottsdale, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Want to effect real, tangible change at a Fortune 500 company? Republic Services is undergoing a Company-wide transformation, making major investments in our technology platforms, and defying conventional thinking on competition in the Waste & Recycling Services industry. We are looking for the best and brightest to join us in changing the way we engage and serve our customers. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about working in a fast, dynamic environment and want to be meaningful contributors in our rapid technology evolution. The Software Asset Management Analyst leads the effort to integrate people, process, and technology associated with software licenses, enabling them to be systematically tracked, managed, and optimized. We strive to be a leading edge IT organization with innovative and dedicated people who focus on customer satisfaction, execution and delivery of first class services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Develops policies and processes related to all areas of the software asset lifecycle.
• Designs and executes strategies for managing and optimizing software asset usage.
• Analyzes software license purchase and software discovery data and performs reconciliation and remediation tasks to ensure data accuracy and quality.
• Plans, monitors, and records software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
• Understands Product Use Rights, license allowances, and contractual entitlements for software products and manufacturers.
• Analyzes purchase records and other entitlement information, including contracts, EA’s and EULA’s.
• Manages the request and approval process for Software asset management using knowledge of OEM licensing and metrics for effective management, control and protection of enterprise wide software assets, throughout all stages of their lifecycle.
• Assists the process of defining the entitlement and inventory scope to ensure entitlement and inventory information are properly aligned and consistent.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED (Required).
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in IT Asset Management or a similar role (Required).
• Broad software asset management experience ranging from desktop to enterprise-level software across major software publishers like Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, SAP, and Citrix (Required).
• Experience playing a significant role in vendor software audits (Required).
• ITIL Foundation v3 Certification ( Required).
• Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) (Required).
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification.
• Experience working with multiple teams to establish and champion new processes.
• Experience with Service-Now.
• Experience with IBM ILMT.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.