Republic Services Sr Quality Assurance Engineer-Finance/HR in Scottsdale, Arizona
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Senior QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company’s Finance and HR Application Portfolios. The Senior QA Test Engineer creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated testing of complex web and integrated applications. The Senior QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Develops, implements, and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile or Waterfall software delivery model environment.
• Builds, executes, and maintains automated test frameworks for end to end integration testing across applications.
• Builds automation and test coverage tools using appropriate languages to enable Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
• Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and application such as RESTful services, or other APIs.
• Accountable for all aspects of quality within the application delivery team.
• Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
• Designs, develops, and executes reusable and maintainable test automation scripts.
• Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
• Works with Scrum / Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
o Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
o Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
o Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
o Executes end to end test scenarios.
o Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
• Ensures software applications meet functional and non-functional requirements.
• Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
• Records and reports on testing metrics.
• Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems, or related field or equivalent experience
• Experience with Finance and HR applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft
• Lawson Finance and HR experience highly preferred
• Experience automating the testing of web applications
• Experience with Rally and HP ALM for test management.
• Experience in Agile tools such as Rally or Jira.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of software test experience with focus on web and Finance/HR applications and test automation
• Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance and load.
• Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's.
• Advanced understanding of open source and commercial testing tools such as Selenium, SoapUI, HP UFT, and HP ALM
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.