Republic Services Sr Software Developer - CPQ in Scottsdale, Arizona
The Senior Software Developer (CPQ) is responsible for the design, development, configuration and unit testing of Republic Services’ Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) platform. The platform is comprised of multiple applications anchored by Oracle CPQ in a highly integrated environment that includes our R Pricing Engine, Salesforce.com CRM, and broad integration with back office platforms via our TIBCO middleware platform. In this role, the Senior Software Developer (CPQ) will design and develop solutions on the CPQ platform that drive critical price and profitability calculations. The Sr. Software Developer (CPQ) will design and implement application features to optimize end-user experience, while also writing and maintaining technical documentation for the platform. This position will work closely with business-facing Scrum team members as well as collaborate directly with stakeholders and/or outside vendors. The Senior Software Developer (CPQ) will lead technical activities for the CPQ development team and provide subject matter expertise as it relates to development practices and platform architecture. This includes creation, modification, and enforcement of design and coding practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Leads other team members in the analysis and design during development of business requirements and functional specifications used to develop Republic Services’ CPQ platform.
• Oversees the technical analysis and design including system components, operating environments, interfaces, system and data flows, security requirements, and deployment procedures.
• Implements high quality code and configuration to meet stated business requirements.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to other team members in coding techniques, implementation details, and enforcing Republic’s code development standards.
• Assists in the transition of code and features from development to the testing team including environment set up and configuration, automation tools and frameworks, and source code repositories.
• Leads the deployment of code to production environments.
• Interacts with internal Republic IT and business teams to coordinate system dependencies.
• Coordinates with outside vendors to establish business and technical solutions for Republic and Republic customers.
• Stays informed and aware of technology industry standards and best practices through continuous learning and education.
• Creates and/or updates documentation necessary for each system.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
• Experience with major commercial CPQ platforms.
• Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Sales and Service Cloud.
• Working knowledge of statistical programming concepts and tools (such as SAS, SPSS, R)
• 5 or more years’ experience in object-oriented programming and advanced proficiency with
o Programing language such as C#, Java, Python
o Web service protocols such as SOAP or REST
o Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
o Source code control tools such as Git or GitHub
o Enterprise RDBMS such as SQL Server or Oracle
o Data integration and ETL toolsets such as SSIS
• Exceptional knowledge of software development best practices such as coding standards, methodologies, code quality, source code management, build and deployment processes, testing, and automation.
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts by designing and developing with abstraction, loose coupling, and cohesion in mind.
• Proven ability to lead and mentor junior/less experienced developers.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.