Republic Services Recycling Sales Representative in Seattle, Washington
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Within a designated market, a Recycling Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling recycling services to commercial, Industrial and recycling customers to drive volume of recyclable materials into Republic Services’ Materials Recycling Facilities (MRFs) to meet and exceed the Company’s target profitable growth and contribute to the Company’s environmental goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Good written and verbal presentation skills.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Bachelor’s Degree is highly desirable.
• Two years of direct selling experience.
• Prior waste industry or service industry experience, including knowledge of various recycling commodities.
• Identify viable leads, manage prospects and sell recycling services to new and existing customers to drive volume of recyclable materials into MRFs managed by the Company to meet and exceed the Company’s revenue goals.
• Develop and implement sales and marketing action plans, including key objectives, in support of the sales and overall recycling goals.
• Generate and provide sales leads for other sales opportunities to the appropriate sales representative in the market to capture additional revenue.
• Build long-term relationships with prospective and existing clients in designated market.
• Develop and maintain an awareness of commodities market and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations to grow existing and prospective client base; follow up with key decision makers; prepare sales contracts, including price quotes, credit terms and services.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services and pricing structures and offers additional services to existing commercial, industrial and recycling clients, as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Meet regularly with Sales or Operations Manager, as appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Track all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Maintain current knowledge of all federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations regarding recyclable materials; participate in company-sponsored training courses, meetings and discussions regarding the classifications and characterization of recyclables.
• Build relationship and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored events and activities, as required, which may include trade shows and chamber of commerce events.
• Prepare all required Customer Service Agreements (“CSAs”), Contact Resource Management entries and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Respond in a timely fashion to all customer and prospective client inquiries.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• One year of prior experience in a customer-facing sales role.
• Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.