Republic Services Lead Operator in Sulphur, Kentucky
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
The Lead Operator is responsible for the safe operation of machinery and equipment at a recycling facility, landfill or transfer station. The position is accountable for coordinating the daily activities of Heavy Equipment Operators or Stationary Equipment Operators. The Lead Operator must also oversee and ensure that all work and processes adhere to safety regulations, as well as federal and state requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
•Valid certificate(s) of training and applicable licenses for operation of equipment, as required.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned own responsibilities and those of staff are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate operating issues to management; is a team player and able to motivate staff.
• Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals and motivates the team to do the same.
• High school diploma or GED. • One year prior supervisory or lead operator experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
• Inspect all required equipment at the start of shift, and at each start-up that occurs during the shift. Record all required data in a complete and accurate manner on daily inspection forms. Complete Equipment Condition Report and report any necessary repairs to supervisor and/or maintenance shop.
• Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, scraper, motor grader, sweeper, baler, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader and other recycling facility, landfill or transfer station equipment.
• Continuously monitor equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down-time; perform basic troubleshooting, if necessary, and report more complicated mechanical issues to maintenance staff to ensure equipment is repaired in most efficient manner possible.
• Review daily production schedules to accurately estimate hour requirements for completion of job assignments of heavy or stationary equipment operators; establish work procedures to meet production schedules, making adjustments in work procedures as necessary to ensure production schedules can be adhered to.
• Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality. Suggest changes for equipment use, work space and other enhancements to increase efficiency of shop, department and work crew.
• Direct employees in completion of work; may interpret Company policies, instructions, specifications, blueprints or job orders for employee understanding; assign duties and work to employees; confer with supervisor or manager to coordinate activities of individual departments or shifts; train or assist in training of new employees.
• Ensure that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the completion of each shift.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Three years’ prior related experience in equipment operation
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.