Republic Services Manufacturing and Environmental Sales Tampa or Jacksonville in Tampa, Florida
About Republic Services
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
Why Work with Us
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Within a designated market, which may cross divisions or areas, the Manufacturing and Environmental Services Executive is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling special waste, solid waste, and recycling waste services to large potential manufacturing customers. The Manufacturing and Environmental Services Executive is also responsible for building, maintaining and growing long-term relationships with existing clients. The Manufacturing and Environmental Services Executive meets regularly with prospective new clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follows up with key decision makers and sells all services, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner. • Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally. • Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas. • Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook. • Excellent written and verbal presentation skills. • Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks. • Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times. • Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior. • Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Identifies viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new, profitable manufacturing customers to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals in special waste, recycling and MSW.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to grow existing manufacturing accounts; follows up with key decision makers to assure contracts are renewed timely with cost efficient pricing.
• Develops and implements sales and marketing action plans, including key objectives, in support of the sales and overall special waste, recycling and solid waste goals of the local divisions
• Utilizes the Company’s Contact Relationship Management (“CRM”) tool on a daily basis, schedules and documents all activities, and develops robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers.
• Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manages customer base.
• Builds long-term relationships with contractors, prospective and existing clients in designated market.
• Conducts customer proactive retention calls.
• Proactively communicates with, or responds to, customers in conjunction with the Company’s pricing initiatives.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offers additional services to existing and potential commercial, industrial and recycling clients, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate, to grow targeted profitable revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Maintains current knowledge of all federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations regarding special waste disposal and landfills; participates in company-sponsored training courses, meetings and discussions regarding the classification and characterization of special waste
• Meets regularly with Director, Manufacturing and Environmental Services, as appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Tracks all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Builds relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attends trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Acts as a Company representative at community events, where required.
• Completes all required Customer Service Agreement (“CSA”), CRM entries, Prospect Management Tool and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Responsible for collection activities, as required.
• Respond to service cancellation calls; and ensure compliance with established escalation policy.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED. • Minimum of 4 years of prior sales experience. • Minimum of 1 year managing, selling to and retaining large, complex customer accounts. • Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.