Republic Services Controller - Hauling in Tucson, Arizona
Controller - Hauling
3845: Saguaro Environmental
The Division Controller – Hauling (Collection) manages the accounting workflow and provides accounting direction and analytical support to division management. This position is responsible for the overall quality of accounting and statutory financial compliance.
• MBA and/or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
04001: Tuscon-5055 S Swan Rd
• Manages accounting and payroll personnel and provides direction to the different accounting functional areas (invoice processing, billing, cash receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data, and payroll). • Manages financial internal control processes across all business unit functional areas (sales, customer service, operations, HR, payroll, etc.) to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including Sarbanes Oxley and all other statutory requirements. • Ensures that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met. • Manages reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and reviews financial statements and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP) and Company policies and procedures. • Interviews, hires, trains and develops accounting staff at the business unit. • Provides analytical support to sales and marketing for customer pricing and profitability analysis, commercial and municipal bids, and any market development projects. Updates and maintains division pricing model per corporate policy. • Provides the General Manager with financial analytics to support sound and profitable business decisions. • Provides accounting direction and analytical support to all departments, as required, within the division. (General management, sales, operations, maintenance, customer service, etc.) • Manages credit and collection function in an effort to maximize division cash-flow. Ensures division is in compliance with company credit and stop service policies. • Manages the accounting aspects of capital expenditures, transfers and retirements. Reviews and approves all related asset management sub-ledger transactions. • Supports and provides financial expertise to the General Manager during the annual budget and interim forecasting process. Manages workflow, timeliness and analytical review of all budget and forecast data. • Manages and provides necessary support to financial audits including internal audits, external audits and peer reviews. • Provides support and responds to information requests from Corporate (accounting, tax, treasury, IT, HR, sales, environmental compliance, legal, etc.) as well as region and area field financial management as required. • Ensures completion and submission of financial filings and returns required by contractual agreements and government entities (e.g., tax filings, franchise, host and royalty fees). • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study. • Minimum of 5 years of related accounting or financial experience. • Minimum of 2 years of management, supervisory or lead experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to professionally interact and influence the region, area and division leadership team as well as staff and customers to effectively accomplish goals in compliance with company policies and procedures. • Ability to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. • Ability to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above. • Ability to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives. • Ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow. • Ability to track, measure and manage performance is required. • MS Excel skills at an intermediate level. • Strong analytical skills. • Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines. • Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment. • Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment. • Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal direction from leadership. • An understanding of business unit operational functions and related needs and requirements and the ability identify issues, weigh options and provide effective counsel to support sound business decisions. • Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and compliance requirements of other financial statutes • Knowledge of State and local statutory requirements that govern financial reporting and accounting • Experience with Lawson accounting software. • Advanced skill level with Excel.
Through our subsidiaries, we provide non-hazardous solid waste and recycling services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Our customers come first as we strive to safely and sustainably provide reliable service through our facilities across 41 states and Puerto Rico. At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Republic Services, Inc. was incorporated in 1996 with a “can do” spirit, driving its dramatic growth and acquisitions through the years, welcoming other organizations that share its values and fiduciary discipline. Today, Republic Services, Inc. is the second largest provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry, as measured by revenue as well as a Fortune 500 company, publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RSG).
We employ approximately 33,000 full-time employees and work to create and maintain an environment that attracts, develops and retains people who assure our success with customers and differentiate us from our competitors. We want to be an employer of choice for top talent. Recent recognition includes being listed on Forbes Best Large Companies in America, Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and Business Insider’s Most Meaningful Companies in America.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits:
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).