Republic Services Sorter in Wilsonville, Oregon
About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Sorter is responsible for safely and efficiently processing incoming recyclable materials so that outbound commodities are acceptable for sale to various brokers or mills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitites
• Ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• One year of previous experience working around heavy machinery.
• Sort and segregate recoverable materials (e.g., aluminum, plastic, glass, paper, etc.) from incoming waste.
• Deposit recoverable materials safely and efficiently into appropriate chute.
• Assist other sorters on an as-needed basis with heavy or bulky items.
• Follow all Company safety policies and procedures, including stopping the conveyor belt in emergency situations.
• Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove unacceptable items as required.
• Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads of special waste or other loads that require special attention.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.