Republic Services Customer Service Specialist II in Anaheim, California
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With a general knowledge of the Company’s services and processes, a Customer Service Specialist works under the general supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor to deliver the highest level of quality service to our customers. The Customer Service Specialist receives and responds to routine residential and commercial customer service calls, new residential sales, inquiries, requests and complaints, which are typically general to moderately complex in nature and require limited research and investigation to reach resolution. This position is responsible for delivering superior customer service in a prompt, respectful and courteous manner to ensure concerns are resolved.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management and customers.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging.
• Excellent service orientation; actively looks for ways to help people.
• Associate’s Degree.
• Respond in a timely and accurate manner to routine customer service calls ensuring that residential and commercial service issues and concerns are treated in a respectful and professional manner.
• Effectively respond to routine issues regarding general residential and commercial service matters, which may involve outbound calls and other communications to resolve simple to moderately complex issues including contractual obligations, billing questions, service cancellations, price increases and equipment issues.
• Return all internal and external calls, emails and faxes in a timely manner to ensure that customers’ concerns are understood, addressed and resolved in an efficient and complete manner as possible.
• Receive and review individual performance metric reports and action plan with manager to understand individual performance. Enter service data into computer for billing and scheduling purposes.
• Log information about customer service interactions into systems; update in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that associates are able to track service inquiries and resolution.
• Perform other job-related duties as required. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Six months of prior customer service experience in a high volume call center environment.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.