Republic Services Maintenance Shop Clerk in Anaheim, California
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Maintenance Clerk provides administrative support to the maintenance function.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Related experience in a maintenance / trucking industry.
• Assures the availability of parts in a cost-effective manner.
• Maintains fleet records on inventory levels, preventive maintenance schedules, and corrective maintenance performed on all units.
• Inputs fleet information into the computerized fleet management system daily.
• May act as a point of contact with vendors to order, receive and ensure payment for goods and services.
• Prepares truck purchase orders for management approval, including assignment of general ledger codes. Utilizes ePro to process transactions.
• Receives, tags, stocks and dispenses parts to mechanics according to Corporate and Regional policy and local operating procedures.
• Reviews purchase orders with accounting to ensure accuracy and proper payment of invoices.
• Produces various productivity and usage reports for management review.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates with the team to achieve safety goals.
• Reconciles Dossier financial data to Lawson general ledger.
• Supports the Fleet Manager with analysis of fleet operations reports. This includes analyzing data, identifying trends and outliers, and correcting mistakes where appropriate. Resolves data errors and escalates others errors to management for comparison against identified critical objectives and standards.
• May assist with the parts organization and inventory.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 year of general office experience or equivalent training.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.