Republic Services Area Director Business Development in Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Area Director, Business Development facilitates the development and execution of market strategy through the integrated market planning process. The Area Director, Business Development also facilitates the development of solid waste infrastructure through acquisitions, divestitures, privatizations and organic development; and collaborates with Market, Area, and Corporate functions to create and execute actions that enable Republic Services to win in the market place.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to read, interpret, and prepare financial reports.
• Knowledge of reasonableness of operating data and analysis of results.
• Ability to gain respect from internal and external customers while maintaining an independent and objective perspective.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Related environmental industry experience.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or related degree.
• Experience managing a project budget in excess of $5 million.
• Experience managing a project team of professional functional experts.
• Experience working with government agencies and lobbyists.
• Develops and drives market strategies to improve financial performance of markets.
• Facilitates integrated strategic planning process within the Area, including coordination with Sales and Revenue Management functions.
• Coordinates with market operational leaders to ensure execution of action plans for strategic development. Acquisitions and Divestitures
• Responsible for financial and capital investment analysis of business development transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures of non-strategic assets
• Works closely with Area President and General Managers to identify and execute business development transactions, including due diligence, coordination of closing process, and integration process.
• Responsible for transaction negotiations. Project Management
• Evaluates business justification for development of new solid waste infrastructure projects, such as MRFs, transfer stations and landfills, and manages projects through the development cycle.
• Leads and motivates internal and external functional expert teams to ensure timely and cost effective completion of projects.
• Develops project strategies and milestones.
• Leads annual landfill review and deeming process within Area.
• Supports municipal infrastructure privatizations within Area.
• Responsible for overseeing real estate transactions.
• This position requires travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation for a minimum of 30% of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience in strategy, project, infrastructure and/or real estate development.
• Minimum of 5 years of general business experience, preferably in a capital intensive industry.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.