Republic Services Class B CDL Driver - Hydrovac Operator - $2500 SIGN ON BONUS in Big Spring, Texas
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ODESSA, TX
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Hydrovac Operator is responsible for operating and driving one of the Company’s Hydrovac units. Hydrovac excavation is a non-destructive method of using water to break up earth, simultaneously removed by a powerful vacuum. When utilized properly, this method is a safe, non-destructive means of excavation and cleaning. Hydrovac staff are extensively trained in safe practices and procedures and are equipped with the tools to enable safe operation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ensures health and safety are the top priority by following policies and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Operates and drives equipment, including driving equipment to and from work sites.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections.
• Performs roadside repairs when needed.
• Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Logs driving information as required.
• Professionally communicate with management, co-workers, dispatchers and on-site customer staff.
• May transport hazardous goods.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Class B CDL with Tanker Endorsement (required).
• High School Diploma or GED (required).
• Ability to work in confined spaces (preferred).
• Class A CDL with Tanker Endorsements (preferred).
• Minimum of 1 year of related experience or training (preferred).
• Mechanical ability; and knowledge of equipment and heavy vehicle operation, maintenance, and repair (preferred).
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.