Republic Services Operations Clerk in Birmingham, Alabama
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With direct supervision, this role provides assistance to the operations department by providing clerical and administrative support.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Office or operations experience.
• Provides clerical and administrative support to the operations department.
• Reviews container supply and demand reports and populates the inventory management report.
• Updates and inputs route information into computer system on a daily basis.
• May collect daily on-site container information and updates the inventory log.
• Assists Dispatchers by responding to customer and driver complaints and inquiries.
• Reports any safety or customer service related issues to supervisor or manager immediately.
• Maintains and processes operations information, such as vehicle maintenance, accounting and route sheets.
• Distributes, collects and reviews route sheets for proper billing and productivity reports.
• Assists in generating monthly productivity reports.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates with the team to achieve safety goals.
• Assists other departments including customer service and accounting.
• May assist with driver de-brief processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.