Republic Services Safety Representative in Bridgeton, Missouri
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Safety Representative provides support to one or more divisions to successfully instill a safety sensitive culture into local operations by interpreting Company policies, and federal and state regulations and guidelines, and implementing safety programs that specifically target and encourage proactive and sustainable safety sensitive behaviors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field.
• Prior experience in an OSHA regulated environment.
• Ensures operations management conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with drivers, shop employees, landfill employees, office employees, and management regarding safe driving, operating and working principles.
• Coordinates and participates in accident investigations and follow-up accident reporting for the division.
• Recommends post-accident and post-incident corrective action.
• Ensures driver evaluations and re-evaluations are conducted in accordance with company standards.
• Administers and / or monitor drug testing policy to ensure it meets pre-employment, random and post-accident/post-injury testing requirements, and regulatory and company standards.
• Ensures division managers and supervisors are properly trained in health and safety regulatory requirements.
• Ensures all accident registers and files, safety and workers compensation records and driver certification files are maintained according to federal and state requirements, and Company policy by regularly inspecting files.
• Conducts and records employee observations, premise and shop inspections, landfill / transfer station / MFR equipment inspections and periodic vehicle safety inspections.
• Conducts site visits to confirm ineffective documentation of records and where evident, takes action to correct the maintenance of such records.
• Participates in the investigation of serious accidents / injuries.
• Provides accident data, and accident reduction goals to division management.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience is a safety related position.
• Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.